You must be over 18 years old to independently take out a subscription. However, parents (or any other person) can add minors to their account as Family+Friends members. This way, they can effectively take out a subscription for a minor.
If the adult in question already has a digitec connect account, they can purchase a subscription for the minor in the Cockpit via the «Add now» function.
If the adult doesn’t have a digitec connect account and doesn’t want to take out a subscription for themselves, they should follow the steps below.
- The adult should create a digitec connect account in their own name, select «Request a new number» and «Order a new SIM card».
- They must upload their passport or ID document as well as a selfie to complete the registration.
- After completing the registration, the adult will receive a SIM card.
Please note: Do not activate the SIM card in the Cockpit; otherwise a new subscription will begin.
- The minor can now be added via the «Family + Friends» option.
- → Add now → Someone else will be using the SIM card → I have a digitec connect SIM card → Enter the minor’s details.
- After registering the minor, two subscription requests will now appear in the Cockpit.
- Please contact our customer service team to cancel the subscription request for the adult.