You must be over 18 years old to independently take out a subscription. However, parents (or any other person) can add minors to their account as Family+Friends members. This way, they can effectively take out a subscription for a minor.
If the adult in question already has a digitec connect account, they can purchase a subscription for the minor in the Cockpit via the «Add now» function.
If the adult doesn’t have a digitec connect account and doesn’t want to take out a subscription for themselves, they should follow the steps below.
- If you don't have a Digitec Galaxus customer account yet, first create a new account in your name
- Log in to your digitec connect cockpit start the registration and select "Apply for a new phone number" and "Get a new SIM card".
- They must upload their passport or ID document as well as a selfie to complete the registration.
- After completing the registration, the adult will receive a SIM card.
Please note: Do not activate the SIM card in the Cockpit; otherwise a new subscription will begin.
- The minor can now be added via the «Family + Friends» option.
Add now → Start registration together now → Someone else will be using the subscription → Selection of whether a new phone number or porting is desired → Enter details of the new SIM user (details of the minor) → I already have a digitec connect SIM card → complete subscription purchase
- Please contact our customer service team to cancel the subscription request for the adult.
Note: If the underage person has a company discount (apprentice).
- cockpit adult person: user profile → release cockpit → The underage person also receives a digitec connect cockpit
- cockpit minor person: user profile → connect with company/organization or as student → enter company code